April K
South House
Transportation Engineering
EQ

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

10hr Service Learning Check

1. To complete my service learning I'm interning in two places. That would be the Los Angeles Department of Transportation and Upland City Hall.

2. In the Los Angeles Department of Transportation, I am faxing papers and recording the city districts where certain roads are being built. Also from time to time, they'll teach me different aspects of traffic engineering and how to work the equipment. Also from time to time, they'll shut down certain streets when an event is going on. The traffic engineers have to control the traffic. I help man the event by working the talkie.  In Upland I also do a lot of faxing and go along with the civil engineer as he puts in work orders for certain things to be done on the road. Also, I help him answer complaints from people.

3.The most important thing I've learned so far is how the cameras and the street censors in the road help civil engineers. I also learn how they work and how they are beneficial to the traffic engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment