April K
South House
Transportation Engineering
EQ

Thursday, June 2, 2011

2 Hr Presentation Reflection

Part 1

(1) Two hour presentation student assessment

I believe I deserve an AP or AP+ because I started late and I could have been more rehearsed and natural while presenting. However, I did do tons of research and had a lot of information about my topic. I completely understand all aspects of my topic, but I do believe I could have shown it better in my presentation. The students demonstrated that they learned from my presentation by applying everything I taught them in the activities I gave them and when I discussed how the activities related to my EQ answers, they showed they understood by answering the questions I gave them.


(2) What are you most proud of in your 2 hour and why?
I had a lot of complications regarding my sponge activity and ended up having to improvise when it didn't work out. I am most proud of pulling through all of my complications and continuing with the senior project. Aside from my lack of preparation, I didn't have any major faults. 

Part 2:

(1) What did you think you did well on in the project? What could you have done better? Please explain.


My activities that illustrated my EQ answers all went smoothly and the students were able to understand fully what was being taught in them. I could have rehearsed more so that I wouldn't fight for words to say during my presentation and not say um all of the time. 


(2) What is your EQ and what is the best answer to your EQ?

EQ: What is most important to becoming a successful Traffic Engineer?
Best Answer: Obtaining a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering


(3) How has the last month of culminating events (e.g I-Search, Two-Hour, Exit etc) affected your answer to your EQ? Has it changed? Why or why not. 

Until I completed my I-search my best answer was gain an internship with a traffic engineering company. The only reason it changed was the preparing for the I-search helped me to fully think about my EQ in greater detail. Then I noticed the obvious truth that gaining an internship wasn't trully most important to becoming a successful Traffic Engineer. 

(4) What suggestions do you have in order to improve the senior project?

I think for the research binder. There should be more checks in between for a certain number of articles margin noted and researched. Don't just wait months and expect there to be at least 50 articles, but I think there should be a check for every 10-20 articles over the months. Therefore it would be less over whelming to produce 50.

(5) Overall Senior Project Assessment 
AP - AP+ This senior project has done amazing things for me personally. I have an awesome product to show people. However, I know in my heart I could have done better and taken things a little more seriously.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment