April K
South House
Transportation Engineering
EQ

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5 min Presentation Reflection

What stood out about my presentation preformance was the way I was able to check for understanding from my audience. Since I talked about different types of civil engineering, I decided to check for understanding by using different scenarios that a specific engineer would do. Then, had the class say what engineer fulfilled what job. It was a good way to check for understanding because, it put all the imformation that I said into a real world example, and was used to help the class apply what they had learned. The most challenging part of my presentation was trying to pick something that I could teach to the class with in five minutes as well as try to check for understanding in some manner. The question wasn't that I wouldn't have more time that I needed, but that I would go over time. As I was looking at this delema, I realized that my topic was too broad. Civil enineering is just a branch of engineering and with in it has different subdivisions. By giving a summary of some of these subdivisions I was able to keep my presentation simple and keep the time requirement. Also, it helped me to narrow my project topic more to Transportation engineering, instead of plain civil engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment